INSIGHTS & PERSPECTIVES
- Dohler - Natural Food & Beverage Ingredients / Their Past M&A activity
- Niche Leader Radiant Logic Meets Synergies with Brainwave GRC
- Fortune 500's Insight Acquires SADA - Google Cloud Partner of the Year
- TransDigm's Strategic Acquisition of CPI's Electron Device Business: A Novel Move in Aerospace and Defense
- A Strategic Leap: VIPnet's Acquisition of Metronet Shifts the Croatian Telecom Landscape
- Why You Should Consider a Leveraged Recapitalization
Redmount Welcomes You to Modern Merchant Banking
A global platform of investment and financial firms, built since 1994 and connected via significant ownership, a team of more than 200 professionals across 11 time zones, and united by a vision of "modern merchant banking" to support middle market businesses and investors globally. Learn more >>>
At first, starting in the 14th century, bankers operated as merchants, buying crops from farmers and selling them at a profit. Soon, acting more as bankers, they introduced bills of trade as negotiable and tradable financial instruments. This introduced more capital to the trade system and farmers could increase food production to sell to the banks. This created a loop that benefited all parties.
It was a simple business conducted on a bench in a town square where all participating parties had similar interests. Over time banks involved, eventually to what they are now.
Meanwhile, merchant banks have remained committed to their mission of offering capital and generating ideas for enterprise growth, keeping the alignment of interests for all parties still at the heart of the business.
Visit Wikipedia to learn more about merchant banks.